While the left and many media sources continue to scream gun control after another recent mass shooting in Texas they have failed significantly in providing an accurate picture of the real violence that is growing around the country.
According to The CHICAGO Sun Times – At least 35 people have been shot — seven of them fatally — so far in gun violence across Chicago over the Labor Day holiday weekend.
The number of fatal shootings so far has already surpassed the total from last year’s Labor Day weekend, when four people were killed and 23 others were wounded in citywide shootings.
- On Sunday, a 15-year-old boy was shot and killed in Austin on the West Side.
- Officers responded to a ShotSpotter alert about 2:19 a.m. and found Dovantae Jackson in the 5100 block of West Washington Boulevard with gunshot wounds to the leg and back, Chicago police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said.
- He was pronounced dead on the scene, police said. He lived in the same block where he was shot.
- Just over 20 minutes later, a man was killed and a woman wounded in a shooting at a party in Woodlawn on the South Side.
- A 27-year-old man suffered numerous gunshot wounds to the body and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was pronounced dead, police said.
- The two men, 26 and 32, were killed, police said. The 26-year-old was was hit in the chest and pronounced at Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn. The 32-year-old was hit in the chest and thigh, police said. He was pronounced dead at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- On Saturday morning, a man was killed and another wounded in a double shooting in Humboldt Park on the West Side.About 4:43 a.m., they were in the 3200 block of West Le Moyne Street when someone in a vehicle unleashed gunfire, Chicago police said.
- FREE Trump 2020 Hat While Supplies Last –[Claim Yours]
- Angel Perez, 18, was struck in the chest and taken to Stroger Hospital where he was pronounced dead, police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said. He lived in Logan Square. [Read More]